With compassion and elegance the guest on today’s episode, Dr. Nancy McWilliams, helps listeners understand the following and more:
- What is healthy versus pathological narcissism?
- Can certain parenting create narcissistic personalities?
- What are some practical suggestions for those in a romantic relationship with a partner with narcissistic tendencies?
- What does it feel like if you have narcissistic personality disorder and what can help?
- What is overt, covert and psychopathic narcissism?
- What if you work for someone with narcissistic tendencies?
- How can companies spot narcissistic tendencies when hiring leaders?
Dr. Nancy McWilliams (firstname.lastname@example.org) teaches at Rutgers University’s Graduate School of Applied & Professional Psychology and practices in Lambertville, New Jersey. She is author of Psychoanalytic Diagnosis (1994, rev. ed. 2011), Psychoanalytic Case Formulation (1999), and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (2004) and is associate editor of the Psychodynamic Diagnostic Manual, 2nd ed. (2017). A former president of Division 39 (Psychoanalysis) of the American Psychological Association, she has been featured in three APA videos of master clinicians, the most recent being “Three Approaches to Psychotherapy.” Her books are available in 20 languages; she lectures widely both nationally and internationally.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dralexandra)