Did you know that most people with dementia don’t notice that they’ve had memory loss or personality changes? It tends to be relatives and close friends that notice it and then encourage the individual to seek an evaluation. I learned from the guest on this episode that the “self awareness” part of the brain is likely to be one of the areas harmed by dementia! In this episode, also learn:
- How do Dementia symptoms differ from normal aging?
- How can one tell the difference between Dementia and depression?
- What does research recommend on how to prevent dementia?
- What steps should you or family take once a Dementia diagnosis has been made?
- What is the latest technology on identifying Alzheimer’s Disease?
- What is it like for those caring for the Dementia patient?
The guest on today’s episode is Dr. Michelle Papka (www.thecrcnj.com, 973-850-4622), who has nearly 25 years' combined experience as a researcher and clinician specializing in the field of aging, Alzheimer’s disease, and dementia. She practices as a neuropsychologist, psychotherapist, and researcher, and has served as the Principal Investigator on over 20 recent clinical trials for Alzheimer’s disease, memory impairment, or mild cognitive impairment.
She’s had numerous publications of her work and is an active public speaker, invited editor, grant reviewer, consultant, and committee member of multiple specialized organizations and publications in the field of aging and Alzheimer’s Disease.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dralexandra)